Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sod, Hiking, and everything else in between

Hello all! I thought I'd update you on my life, at leat this week-end! Yesterday I had such fun serving a family in our church by helping lay sod! What fun! I think I could officially become a professional sod layer! Here are some pictures that were taken! of this event!










The Brute Squad! (It's by brute force we were able to get the sod in place!)








After laying sod, us girls decided it would be fun to go on a hike up Badger Mountain. It is a hot hike as there are absolutly NO trees and just flowers and bush. It is the epitome of the dessert in which I live. ( The Badger Mountain Centennial Preserve, located on the edge of Richland in the Richland GMA area, provides a spectacular view of the Tri-Cities as well as the Columbia and Yakima rivers. A non-profit group, Friends of Badger Mountain, worked to procure this shrub-steppe area that has most native vegetation intact and then in 2005 built a trail to the summit so others can enjoy it. The 2-kilometer trail rises 300 meters above the trailhead in Richland. )


Me, Kayla, and Becky


Kayla and I! Look how warm we were....what a doozy!


All us girls minus the one taking the picture! What fun!






No comments: