Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Terrifying THUMP!



So, today at work, I made dinner for the family. The recipe was called Dahl(doll). It was a mix of onion, ginger,garlic, sauteed (sp) then you add 7 cups water and a whole pkg. of yellow beans. You then cook until it forms a loose paste. Then you eat with rice. Anyways, I was offered some to take home and eat for my dinner and I happily agreed. The smells had been tantalizing me all afternoon. Yummo! So, we put the Dahl and rice in seperate bowl and then I headed out. Well, as I was driving off down the road I heard this thump THUMP. Well, me being a very imaginative person, I was just imagining some dead body or somebody hiding in my car. But, I continued on and got over it. Well, as I went further I heard it again, by this time I was in more traffic and I started thinking about jumping out of the car inorder to see if in fact there was a dead person on my car. But I decided against it. Around this time I drove onto the on ramp to the freeway and looked over at the passenger seat and noticed that it was missing something. Then I realized that the food containers were missing. THEN I realized that I had left those said containers on the top of my car roof and that those were the things making the thumping noise as they individually blew off. I was so sad. I missed my Dahl! Even more frustrating was the fact that I had just lost two of my employers food containers. So sad, I guess I know what I'm getting her for Christmas!

So, now for the big news, my nephew Zachary James M. was born yesterday December 4th at 4:14 in the afternoon. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. and is 21 in. long. My parents, the lucky grandparents were able to see him shortly after with big sister Katelyn. Lucky ducks! They have been having some troulbe with getting him to nurse, but that will all come in good time. We are so thankfull to the L0rd for the many blessings He keeps bestowing upon our family. It seems like we never have a dull moment.

Tomorrow I dont have to go to work until one in the P.M. I am so glad. I'm ready for a daytime break. Taking care of 3 four year olds can be very tiring. Yet so rewarding. As I left the house, I heard them telling their mom that they didn't want me bo leave. How Precious!

Tonight my parents and I started advent, yes yes, we are a bit late, but, no time like the present! Tonight we talked about the verse Emanuel, meaning God with us. Something interesting to ponder is that in Isaiah, it is said that they would call His name Emanuel, but in the new testament, the Angels said his name is Jesus and Mary called him Jesus. Anybody have any idea why it would have been prophecied one way, but then not used that way? Just an interesting thought.
Well, thats all for tonight... I'm seriously thinking about going to bed. I really am craving a good book right about now!
Oh, these pictures are ones I took when I went to Camano Is. where my aunt lives. For those of you who dont know, that is just north of Seattle by about an hour. Very pretty area. IN Christ Laura

2 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations on your nephew, Laura!! That's so exciting! How long until you get to see him?

It was great to read an update on your life! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!!

Glad there were no dead bodies in the trunk :)