Saturday, March 8, 2008

Month in Review

Hello Everyone!
I have been very remiss in not posting on my site. I feel quite bad as I have been reprimanded! (In a loving way) by a certain someone! So, I shall try and do better. I'll just blame it on my lazy bone!

So..this last month hasn't been very busy. Mostly just school, working quite hard at my math class which I ablolutly, without a feeling of love in any single one of my bones, ardently dislike! I am by no means math minded!

One of the biggest things that took place this month was the death of our Dog, Casey. He became so ill with his hip dysplasia as well as other things, that we had no choice but to put him down, it would have been cruel to make him go on. That was quite hard, though I am glad we had him for the few short years we did!

Casey


Also, we were blessed with a visit by my brother and his wife! It is so amazing to watch toddlers grow, especially when you dont see them for weeks at a time and then viola! They aren't baby's any more! Katelyn's new thing is to put Papa's shoes on. It is so adorable! Here she is with my dad's (papa's) shoes!



My job as a nanny has gotten quite a bit better as well! Praise the Lord. The kids seem to be maturing in obedience and respect. Though, as children always will, they have their moments! And I'm sure I have mine! It has been so nice outside that we have been enjoying the weather by playing outside! It's so refershing! Here are some pictures I took during a Saturday I had them all day.

Rachel Playing on her beloved monkey bars!




Leah, Rachel, and I taking a group picture! Adorable aren't they!



Josepth agreeing to smile for the camera on therms that he gets to take a picture of me afterward!




In the last week it has been amazing the conversations God has brought about. I have been able to talk to this one young man in one of my classes about some interesting topics related to movies. I hope I was able to clear up some things. I find it amazing how much people get Catholocism mixed up with ture Christianity, or Portestantism. Quite sad, we have way to undereducated of a world in spiritual matters. The second opportunity was with my beautician who was asking me what I thought the bible said concerning certain issues. I the invited her to our church...so be in prayer for her. She is a very mixed up yound lady who has no spiritual direction in her life.


Also, in June I will be attending a converence in California called the Resolved Conference! I am very excited about it. I am sure it will be a very spiritually enriching time. Because of this, I will not be able to attend Joni camp this summer. (though possibily the third week....if God wills it) My dad desires me to go to this conference, so, in joyful submission, I think that is the direction God is leading. Also, my friend who's wedding in in decided that she would have her wedding on July 6th. So, it would be a tight squeeze to do both anyways.


I miss all you guys, and am so grateful you are my friends!

Love in Christ
Laura

3 comments:

Alice said...

Thanks for the update, Laura! It was so good to hear everything you've been doing. I love the pictures!

Olivia Joy said...

OH!! I will praying REALLY hard that you can make it to third week!!

Anja said...

It was great to hear from you! I hope you will be able to come to third week as well! I know that God will bless you greatly though for your submission to your dad instead of coming to the first weeks of Joni Camp.